Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority is accepting applications for Compliance Specialist (Hybrid)
1200 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA Req #114
Thursday, September 29, 2022
Under the supervision of the Senior PUC Compliance Coordinator, will respond to customer inquiries and address escalated inquiries from the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PA PUC), Attorney General – PA Office of Consumer Advocate, Better Business Bureau, Mayor’s 311, and local, state, and federal elected officials.
• Responsible for the investigation of, timely response to, and tracking of disputes/escalated issues, payment arrangement request, informal and formal complaints filed with the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PA PUC).
• Research and respond to all customer service issues; including telephone, email, and written contacts pertaining to billing, collections, contact center, and dispatch.
• Communicate directly with PA PUC and other third parties to resolve customer issues and will work closely with the Attorney General-PA Office of Consumer Advocate, Better Business Bureau, Mayor’s 311 and local, state, and federal elected officials.
• Prepare and submit corrective action recommendations to the Compliance Coordinator and assist in providing responses to alleged violations/infraction to the PA Code, as well as propose any potential appeals to complaints or violations.
• Maintain the PA PUC Web Data Exchange with PWSA, research and prepare responses to formal complaints, and provide testimony as required.
• Assist in the preparation of required reports to both internal audiences and to the PA PUC.
•Perform other tasks as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledgeable of PA Public Utility Commission Regulations including 52 PA code, Chapters 56, 61, 65 and 66 PA Chapter 14.
• Ability to absorb, comprehend, and communicate PWSA policies, procedures, tariffs, rules and regulations.
• Critical thinker and problem solver; possess sound judgement, logical reasoning, integrity, and good ethics
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, work effectively in a team environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; the ability to operate a personal computer and other office equipment as required.
• General understanding of the operation of the customer service department.
• Ability to create and analyze reports.
• Sensitivity to confidential information is required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The following requirements list the minimum education/training/experience required to qualify for this job. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be accepted.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or a related field.
• One to two years of experience; regulated utility company experience is preferred.
• Applicant must present an up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination at the time of application or prior to commencement of work (subject to applicable law including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 reasonable accommodation requirements).
• Applicant must present a current, valid Class C (Class 1) Motor Vehicle Operator’s License at the time of application or prior to appointment. A valid driver’s license must be maintained throughout employment.
• Applicant must have permanent residency in Allegheny County at time of appointment and remain a permanent resident throughout employment with the PWSA.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED / RECEIVED:
No direct reports / Will receive supervision directly from the Senior PUC Compliance Coordinator.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The physical demands consist of walking, climbing stairs, finger movements including fine dexterity and coordination, hearing conversation, seeing near and far, and speaking clearly.
• Frequently bending, stooping, repetitive leg and arm movements, lifting up to 25 lbs.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a moderate or quiet noise level in the office work environment.
• Subject to remain on duty beyond normal hours or during emergency situations or other extensive periods.
Employment may be contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment or promotion) physical examination performed by the Authority’s examining physician.
Employment may be contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment or promotion) drug screening. Continued employment may be subject to drug and alcohol testing conducted without advance notice and without individualized suspicion.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION:
• Ability to successfully pass a thorough investigation consisting of a criminal history check, verification of prior employment and performance, reference and credentials checks, and in some cases credit history.
• Applicants are subject to a System for Award Management (SAM) or any successor system search as maintained by the General Services Administration (GSA) to ensure compliance with federal procurement and non-procurement programs.
Applications: You may be considered for other available positions based on qualifications provided on your employment application. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact the Human Resources Department at:
PWSA Human Resources Department
1200 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on any legally protected statuses, including, but not limited to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, or veteran status. PWSA is committed to providing candidates with reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities during our recruiting process; if you need assistance, please contact us at [email protected] or 412-255-8800.
Position: Compliance Analyst
Division: Customer Service
Salary: $ 53,881.36
Application Deadline: Until Filled