Volunteers are essential to the success of professional organizations such as AWWA. The PA Section – AWWA is always looking for people to serve the association. Many opportunities to contribute exist. Some include: serving on committees, assisting at training sessions, helping with local arrangements, working at the annual conference, etc. People from all phases of the water industry are needed. If you would like to become active, 717-774-8870 or speak with one of the section or district board members or committee chairs. Click the link above for more information!
Young members, 35 years of age or younger, note that the section has a special committee to address your special interests.
PA-AWWA is looking for Volunteers to instruct DEP Modules and Operator Certification Exam Review Courses.
The PA-AWWA Operator Training Zone is a very important part of our Operator Continuing Education program and will be available on a quarterly basis so operators have a convenient opportunity to earn contact hours. In order to continue this viable program, we need to provide Pennsylvania’s drinking water operators with high quality courses that provide PA DEP contact hours. This can only be done if we strengthen our volunteer and instructor base. We need your help! The Section will provide course content and administer the workshop. Our greatest need is for individuals to present the course content to the operators. The instructors will also receive PA DEP contact hours for their efforts.
If anyone is interested in volunteering to instruct for the Section, please contact Nancy Dinger at the Section office at 717-774-8870, send an e-mail to [email protected] or click on the "Operator Training Interest" link above!
PA-AWWA would like to thank the following organizations for volunteering their time and services to provide Pennsylvania Drinking Water Operators with good quality training.
- PA DEP
- Partnership for Safe Water Program
- PA One Call System, Inc.
- Chester Water Authority
- Eichelberger’s, Inc.
- Erie Water Authority
- City of Harrisburg, Bureau of Water
- Philadelphia Water Department
- Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority
- Pennsylvania American Water
- University of Pittsburgh
- Buchart Horn, Inc.
- Commercial Fire Hydrant Service
- Critical Situation Management, Inc.
- Gannett Fleming, Inc.
- Hazen and Sawyer
- Mueller Company
- Hach Company
- Geiger Pump & Equipment
- American Westech, Inc.
- Benatec Associates, Inc.
- Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers, Inc.
Special Thanks to:
- Brackenridge Borough
- Dauphin County Technical School
- Ft. Washington Fire Company#1
- Fox Chapel Authority
- Lackawanna County Community College
- Lehigh County Authority
- Lehigh County Wastewater Pretreatment Facility
- MWH Americas, Inc.
- North Penn Water Authority
- Pa. College of Technology, Penn State
- Penn State-Harrisburg
- Sheet Metal Industry of Western Pennsylvania,
- Sheet Metal Workers Union Hall #12
- State College Borough Water Authority
- Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
- The York Water Company