AQUA PA is accepting applications for the position of Area Manager II in Honesdale, PA.
Full Time Position
At Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc., we know that water is a precious resource – one that plays a critical role in sustaining life. That’s why we take seriously our mission: protecting and providing Earth’s most essential resource. At Aqua, we are guided by a set of principles that embody the character of our company and inspire our work together. They are embedded within our business practices and our behavior. We are proud to be united by integrity, respect and the pursuit of excellence to be the best we can be for the customers and communities we serve.
Together, the women and men of Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. serve 1 million customers across eight states. Aqua uses science, technology, capital investments, and amazing talent to provide communities with clean, safe drinking water and responsibly return wastewater to our rivers and streams. Join our team and make a difference!
Are you looking for a fantastic career at Aqua? We have an outstanding opportunity for an Area Manager in our Northeast Pennsylvania service area. The duties of the Area Manager shall include the management and administration of all activities within assigned divisions. The Area Manager shall direct the staff in the efficient operation of the company to ensure quality customer and community service, employee and regulatory relationships and appropriate shareholder return. The Area Manager is responsible for growing the customer base and for supporting the acquisition of additional water and wastewater systems. The position is one of integrity and appropriate disclosure will be required.
- Develop plans, establish priorities and allocate resources to carry out company programs including, but not limited to:
- Long range strategic operational and financial planning
- Annual operating and capital budget development & implementation
- Growing customer base and participating in the acquisition of additional systems
- Establishment of goals and objectives.
- Manage and report financial and operating performance metrics through comprehensive evaluation of revenue/expenditures, operational performance reports and capital/operating plans. Use appropriate software to review information and develop reports as necessary.
- Follow procedures and establish direction to ensure proper financial controls which best utilize and protect company assets.
- Follow procedures and establish direction to ensure proper controls are in place for the safe, proper and efficient operations of multiple drinking water and wastewater systems.
- Actively promote the company’s position and image by developing and maintaining positive communications and relationships with customers, communities, public officials, regulators and media.
- Manage divisional supervisors/team leaders and ensure they are planning, assigning, and directing work within their areas of responsibility.
- Participate in personal development, interviewing, hiring, training, appraising performance, rewarding, counseling, and employee discipline when necessary.
- Implement programs to ensure quality service is provided to customers, including compliance with all federal and state regulations, and compliance with state business and economic regulations for public utilities.
- Administration of all union and non-union employee relations, including staffing, labor relations, compliance with personnel policies and programs, staff development and personnel reviews, as well as compliance with Aqua Pennsylvania’s safety programs and policies.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills and have the personality and characteristics necessary to lead company employees and conduct business with customers, regulators, communities and public officials.
- Actively engage and motivate people, manage differences, resolve conflicts and unite people in a common effort to obtain company objectives. Must be able to anticipate and help the company and its employees adapt to change.
- Collaborate with peers and staff to develop and execute plans for shared statewide initiatives.
- Must be available for emergencies or consultation 24/7 and respond when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Required five years experience in the water and/or wastewater utility industry.
- Required three years management experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge in both operational and financial aspects of water utility operation.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office applications, being able to demonstrate particular skillfulness with spreadsheet development and the ability to manipulate data, as well as other software applications used in the normal course of business.
- Must have a valid U.S. Drivers License.
- Frequent travel throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania will be required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Frequent travel across division and moderate travel to the State Headquarters.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Essential Utilities and its subsidiaries, including Aqua, Delta, and Peoples Natural Gas, requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowable under the law. To satisfy this requirement, new hires who received the one shot regimen of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine must receive the one dose shot prior to their first day of employment. Proof of vaccination must be provided on your first day of employment. For the two shot regimen of either Pfizer or Moderna, a new hire must have received at least one dose of the vaccine before their first day of employment. Proof of the second dose date must be received within the recommended timeline based on the manufacturer’s vaccine received. For example, for Moderna as soon as the 28 day period has elapsed and for Pfizer as soon as the 21 day period has elapsed. Failure to provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with Essential Utilities including its subsidiaries Aqua, Delta and Peoples Natural Gas.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a medical or religious exemption, you will be required to apply for an exemption on your first day of employment with Essential Utilities. As part of the process, you will be required to provide information and/or documentation to Human Resources about the reason(s) you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an exemption is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions, including medical conditions related to lactation), physical or mental disability, covered-veteran status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a condition that may prevent you from applying for a job online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call (1-877-271-9012).