Position Title: Construction Coordinator Department: Engineering
The Construction Coordinator is responsible for the administrative aspects of all construction projects for Capital Region Water and works closely with the Engineering, Field Maintenance and Strategic Initiatives staff to ensure successful completion of projects.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform and satisfactorily meet the essential job responsibilities and functions for this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITES & FUNCTIONS
• Represent Capital Region Water at construction meetings for all projects. Meetings include but are not limited to pre-bid, pre-construction, and construction progress. Meetings will occur in both office and on-site environments.
• Understand the scope and requirements of each CRW construction project. This includes reviewing CRW’s Drinking Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Rules and Regulations, standard construction details and specifications, and project specific contract documents. Enforce these requirements in coordination with engineers, developers, contractors, plumbers, etc.
• Communicate and manage construction issues as they arise with the engineers and contractors in the field. Make recommendations to supervisors to resolve. Coordination with the City of Harrisburg Bureaus of Engineering, Public Works, and Parks and Recreation is required.
• Coordinate communication between CRW’s Engineering, Operations, Field Maintenance, Business Diversity, and Community Relations staff, and contracted professional vendors and contractors.
• Inspect and document contractor restoration of street cuts to ensure work meets minimum requirements and coordinate with the Office Management Group to close out permits upon successful completion of the permit requirements.
• Track all project schedules, payment applications, work changes, change orders, Requests for Information (RFI), certified payrolls, and all other aspects of the project. Prepare accurate and timely paperwork for Board and Financial approval, including Issue Briefs and summary of change orders.
• Prepare monthly progress update reports on all ongoing work.
• Coordinate communication with supervisors of all issues requiring CRW action.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
• Experience with general construction standards and practices, specifically water and sewer pipe installation and rehabilitation.
• Experience with OSHA Construction Safety Standards.
• Experience with budgeting and invoicing.
• Strong time management skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Effective and accurate oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Associates degree in Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
• Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience.
• GIS and Asset Management Program experience (ESRI ARC INFO and Azteca Cityworks or similar
asset management platform).
• Project Management Software experience (MS Project).
• Certified Construction Manager and NICET (Construction Materials Asphalt Testing) Certifications
preferred, or ability to be certified within one year of employment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & EQUIPMENT USED:
• Hybrid of office and field environment; sitting for periods of time in front of a computer monitor.
• Travel locally to CRW’s facilities, construction sites, and meetings.
• Occasional lifting of boxes 5 – 45 lbs.
• Equipment used will include: personal computer, printer, copier, document scanner, as well as other general office equipment.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this job description and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job. This job description does not constitute an employment contract; the employment relationship between Capital Region Water and its non-BU employees is an at-will relationship.