Project Manager – Water / Wastewater Utility
At Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc., we know that water is a precious resource – one that plays a critical role in sustaining life. That’s why we take seriously our mission: protecting and providing Earth’s most essential resource. At Aqua, we are guided by a set of principles that embody the character of our company and inspire our work together. They are embedded within our business practices and our behavior. We are proud to be united by integrity, respect and the pursuit of excellence to be the best we can be for the customers and communities we serve.
Together, the women and men of Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. serve 1 million customers across eight states. Aqua uses science, technology, capital investments, and amazing talent to provide communities with clean, safe drinking water and responsibly return wastewater to our rivers and streams. Join our team and make a difference!
Are you looking for a fantastic career at Aqua? Aqua Pennsylvania (Aqua PA) is hiring a Project Manager to work with our Business Development team in Bryn Mawr, PA. Aqua PA customer growth occurs, in part through the purchase of private and municipally-owned water and wastewater systems. This position’s primary duties will be to assist the Business Development team with due diligence both in the field and review of key documents necessary to prepare a bid and, if awarded will play a leading role to complete the PA Public Utility Commission application.
The ideal candidate should have a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, be comfortable working individually and as part of a group and be excited about expanding the Aqua business. Our team is small, nimble, and hard-working, and we are looking for someone looking to grow within our organization as we pursue our mission of protecting and providing Earth’s most essential resource. This position will give exposure to all functional areas of the organization, including Finance, Engineering, Operations, Environmental Compliance, Human Resources, Regulatory and Legal.
- Performs due diligence by gathering the documents necessary to file a PUC application for water and wastewater system acquisitions. Documents include Water Quality Permits, NPDES permits, Chapter 94 reports, Act 537 plans, etc.
- Acts as a critical part of acquisition team from the onset of the acquisition activity. Tours water and wastewater plants and related facilities to understand and analyze the scope of the acquisition.
- Generates an initial list of due diligence items and works closely with the selling utility to guide them through the PUC application process including acquiring all documents, permits, licenses and other related materials needed for the filing.
- Partners closely with the internal business development, engineering, and regulatory teams to ensure all documents and data needed are collected and reviewed prior to filing the application.
- Leads the weekly calls between Aqua and the selling utility during the acquisition process. Tracks the project tasks, addresses open items, identifies owners and support needed, prepares status reports and meeting minutes, and ensures applications are completed in a timely manner in accordance with the established timelines.
- Assists the regulatory team as needed with pre-filing and post-filing tasks related to the PUC application.
- Supports the business development team with marketing, prospecting, and researching potential acquisition candidates within the state. Support activities include collecting data needed to submit a bid.
- Responds to all Statement of Qualifications requests
- Performs a variety of activities to support and guide all deals to closing once filed with the PUC.
- Tracks all invoices and costs associated with the acquisition.
- Assists with other tasks or projects as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or environmental science. Other bachelor’s degrees may be considered with additional experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in working knowledge of water and wastewater treatment plant operations.
- Working knowledge of PUC regulations; Chapter 94 reporting, Act 537 process and various related PA DEP permits including, but not limited to, Water Quality Management Permits, operating permits, pretreatment permits, etc. preferred
- Prior experience in the regulated water and wastewater utilities is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Interest and basic understanding of the financial and operational side of transactions
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and related applications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered multi-tasking environment
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Perform sedentary work- exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Working conditions include travel up to 25% of the time to support acquisitions and marketing. Evening commitments, though infrequent, are expected.
To read the full job posting and to apply visit:
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Essential Utilities and its subsidiaries, including Aqua, Delta, and Peoples Natural Gas, requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowable under the law. To satisfy this requirement, new hires who received the one shot regimen of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine must receive the one dose shot prior to their first day of employment. Proof of vaccination must be provided on your first day of employment. For the two shot regimen of either Pfizer or Moderna, a new hire must have received at least one dose of the vaccine before their first day of employment. Proof of the second dose date must be received within the recommended timeline based on the manufacturer’s vaccine received. For example, for Moderna as soon as the 28 day period has elapsed and for Pfizer as soon as the 21 day period has elapsed. Failure to provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with Essential Utilities including its subsidiaries Aqua, Delta and Peoples Natural Gas.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a medical or religious exemption, you will be required to apply for an exemption on your first day of employment with Essential Utilities. As part of the process, you will be required to provide information and/or documentation to Human Resources about the reason(s) you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an exemption is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions, including medical conditions related to lactation), physical or mental disability, covered-veteran status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a condition that may prevent you from applying for a job online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call (1-877-271-9012).