Customer Service Supervisor
North Penn Water Authority is seeking a Customer Service Supervisor that is responsible for supervising and developing a great customer service team. As a Supervisor you will be responsible for training, coaching, and directing the team while ensuring they have all the tools needed to excel in their positions. You will also be a team player with a positive and professional attitude with excellent communication skills and great attention to detail.
What You’ll Do:
- As a role model and coach for the Customer Service Department, you will oversee and plan for daily operation. This includes monitoring calls, training on department and customer service based topics, and workforce planning.
- Help customer service employees develop professional development plans and align them to department and company goals.
- Develop a training plan for the department that ensures documentation of all current procedures and cross training on those procedures. Evaluate even distribution of workload and tasks, adjusting when necessary.
- Work on an ongoing cross-functional project team with a group of managers, supervisors and front line employees to implement strategic change within the department and company.
- You will lead, or delegate and oversee, projects within the department that will improve the customer experience, this may include developing and maintaining customer forms and correspondence procedures.
- You will act as the point person in investigating and resolving all complex or escalated internal and external customer inquiries regarding billing, meter reading questions, and general inquiries.
- As Customer Service Supervisor you will also be responsible for overseeing, or administering the billing process for quarterly and monthly customer accounts. This includes collections of all delinquent bills for North Penn Water Authority as well as for some local sewer authorities. You will need to take corrective measures to adjust customer billing and meter readings when warranted.
- You will be accountable for other tasks and planning such as verifying cash daily and maintaining the postage records for the postage machine.
- The ideal applicant must also possess excellent phone and office skills, the ability to work with customers as well as planning, assigning, and directing work.
- 5 years of customer service experience with a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Efficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office, required, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred.
ABOUT NORTH PENN WATER AUTHORITY
Established in 1965, North Penn Water Authority (NPWA) is a municipally owned, nonprofit Authority with a dedicated, professional workforce committed to providing the community with a safe, reliable, and economical water supply. Our employees, many of whom are NPWA customers themselves, take pride in being able to provide this service to the community. We look forward to the successful candidate joining our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NPWA reviews each application that is received. Please remember to check your emails for updates about your application. After applying, review your email to ensure that you have completed all requested information, and that you have received a confirmation email. Applications are not added to our systems until you receive a confirmation email.