The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority is seeking a candidate for the position of Compliance Analyst. They will respond to customer inquiries and address escalated inquiries from the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PA PUC), Attorney General-PA Office of Consumer Advocate, Better Business Bureau, Mayor’s 311, and local, state, and federal elected officials.
• Investigate, track, and respond to disputes/escalated issues, payment arrangement requests, and informal and formal complaints filed with the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PA PUC).
• Research and respond to all customer service issues, including telephone, email, and written communication pertaining to AMI and Billing, Collections, Contact Center, Emergency Dispatch, and Lead Help.
• Communicate directly with PA PUC and other third parties to resolve customer issues and will work closely with the Attorney General-PA Office of Consumer Advocate, Better Business Bureau, Mayor’s 311 and local, state, and federal elected officials.
• Prepare and submit corrective action recommendations to the Senior PUC Compliance Coordinator and assist in providing responses to alleged violations/infractions of the PA Code, as well as propose any potential appeals to complaints or violations.
• Maintain the PA PUC Web Data Exchange with PWSA, research and prepare responses to formal complaints, and provide testimony as required.
• Assist in the preparation of required reports to both internal audiences and to the PA PUC.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or a related field is preferred; equivalent work experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a regulated utility company is acceptable.
• Knowledge of PA Public Utility Commission Regulations including 52 PA code, Chapters 56, 61, 65 and 66 PA Chapter 14.
• Ability to absorb, comprehend, and communicate PWSA policies, procedures, tariffs, rules and regulations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, PWSA’s billing system, and other systems or third-party services as necessary.
• General understanding of the operation of the Customer Service department.
• Ability to create and analyze reports.
• Must have strong decision-making skills.
Applicant must have permanent residency in the City of Pittsburgh at time of appointment and remain a permanent resident throughout employment with the PWSA. Verification of City residence is required at time of filing application.
Applicant must present a current, valid Class C (Class 1) PA Motor Vehicle Operator’s License at the time of application or prior to appointment. A valid driver’s license must be maintained throughout employment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The employee will be required to complete routine office work in a standard office setting. They also must regularly lift or move up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Application forms are available online at www.pgh2o.com/about-us/careers or in the Human Resources Department at 1200 Penn Avenue. Submit application, resume, and cover letter to [email protected], by fax at 412-393-0513, or by mail at the following address:
Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority
ATTN: Human Resources
1200 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
If you have any questions, please contact us at 412-255-8800.
You may be considered for other available positions based on qualifications provided on your employment application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The PWSA does not discriminate against anyone based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, sex, sexual orientation, family status, age, or non-disqualifying disability, or on any other basis protected by
federal, state or local law.