Project engineer – water/wastewater
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We’re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Our Philadelphia office is seeking a Project Engineer with experience in design engineering related to water and wastewater linear piping systems.
- All planning and design aspects of a project, including alternatives analyses, reports, design plans, specifications, cost estimates, calculations, and permit applications.
- Preparation of detailed designs for both new installations and rehabilitation of existing water/wastewater collection/distribution/transmission systems.
- Coordination with CADD technicians for construction plans production.
- Leadership of junior engineers and small design teams.
- Client interaction.
- Assistance in business development efforts and proposal preparation.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- B.S. Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering required; M.S. Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering a plus.
- 4 to 8 years progressive experience in design, permitting and construction administration of water/wastewater linear infrastructure projects.
- Experience with pipeline rehabilitation and replacement.
- Experience with trenchless pipeline installation techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, BIM, WaterGEMS a plus.
- P.E. licensure.
Water and wastewater
Regular (US only)
Lindsay R Belvedere